Fixes #143 (closed)
We recently had to issue a bugfix release because of a faulty migration (see !2086 (merged)). So I looked into ways to test migrations, especially data migrations.
By reverting 5d3e436f I verified that these tests would in fact have detected the issue. However, these tests are slow (
make test went from 33s to 48s on my machine) and effectively useless after the release.
I see different options on how to use these tests:
- Do not test migrations
- Write test locally, but do not commit them
- Write tests but exclude them on regular test runs
- Write tests but exclude them on regular test runs and always run them in CI
- Write tests but remove them after the release
- Write tests but skip them after the release
- Write tests and keep them
I am leaning slightly towards (3), but not sure.